Saturday, August 4, 2012

Michigan 2012

Laura and I are back from our annual trip to Michigan's Upper Peninsula.  The kids loved it so much, they decided to stay an extra week up there with Mimi and Papa.  Can't say that I blame them, we had a great time with them, cousins Hailey and Logan, and friends Missy, Adney, and Quinn (who made his first trip this year)!

Here are some pictures of how we spent the week.

Emma sitting with Papa and contemplating a chip for a snack:



Emma playing with the big girls:


"What you mean 'with the big girls'?  I is a big girl!"


One day, we visited the Historic Mill Creek Discovery Park to learn about sawmills.  They also had a zipline.  Here's Papa waiting to go:


And Hailey on her way:



Logan went, too:


And Laura:



Also Adney:



I went, as well.  Here's Missy and Mimi taking my picture:



Caleb was disappointed he wasn't big enough to do the zipline.  Instead, he had fun learning about how water wheels power mills (and got quite wet doing it):



Watching a sawyer square off a beam the real old-fashioned way:



The reconstructed sawmill that actually works:



Emma and Caleb hit the beach:


"Wait up, big brother!"

Caleb floating Emma on the tube (she wasn't too sure about it):



She preferred the kayak:




Adney's annual sand sculpture:



And the annual picture of all the kids by the sign (Quinn's the baby on the far right):

No comments: