Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Caleb & Basil

Caleb likes to eat basil.  He really likes to eat basil.  We've had an herb garden out front this year, and every once in a while as we walk by, he'll just pluck off a leaf and eat it.  Tonight I told him we were having noodles for dinner, and we had this conversation:

C: I'll go out front and get you some basil to put on top of the noodles!
K: No, that's okay, there's already basil in the sauce.
C: Okay, I'll just get some for mine.
K: Do you even want any sauce, or just the basil?
C: Just the basil.  I love basil.  I LOVE IT!

He then ran out the front door and came back with his basil:


Later, we saw Zoë and her parents outside and he told them what he had for dinner:  "Noodles with fresh, homegrown, basil chopped on top of it!"

I kid you not.

He loves his basil.

No comments: